April 22, 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, a day dedicated to stoping climate change and learning ways to protect the environment.
For KCC’s Grade 2-4 class, this day fits into one of the BRANCHES OF SCIENCE they’ve been studying all year. Can you guess which one? That’s right, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, defined in class as the study of the EARTH and what we can do to take care of it.
Earlier this year, grade 2-4 students started a school-wide recycling project. The goal was to learn all about recycling and develop a recycling program to teach the staff and students about the importance of recycling and then implement a recycling program at school.
Here are some interesting videos related to ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, Earth Day and recycling.
- Recycling for Kids (Recycling Plastic, Glass and Paper youtube.com/watch?v=6jQ7y_qQYUA
- A Trip to a Recycling Factory – Reading Rainbow How Trash is Recycled with LeVar Burton youtube.com/watch?v=FX55cKJvg-g
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, to enjoy a better life Educational Video for Kids
- Reduce Reuse Recycle Song for Kids youtube.com/watch?v=AOvcW8l3RzE
- Earth Day for Kids youtube.com/watch?v=yl3zgcL0Tv8
Learn more about the BRANCHES OF SCIENCE being studied in KCC classrooms